Tik Tok is a social network that is created for the publication of videos. Each user can create an account and upload their own videos, shot with different music. Profiles are password protected to prevent third parties from gaining access to them. But sometimes, the user needs to change it. In this case, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions of how to change tiktok name for Android or iOS phones.
Changing Password Using Third-party Utilities
If for some reason the launch of TikTok is impossible (for example, due to the action of malware), then the logins and passwords stored in the browser can still be viewed. To do this, you can use the FF Password Explorer or PasswordFox utilities. They are both free.
You can download the PasswordFox program (PasswordFox) from the official site Nirsoft.net. The page will present two versions of the program – for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems. Download the version of PasswordFox suitable for your system. The program is available on the website as a password-protected ZIP archive. The password itself is given below the links to download the archives.
Unpack the downloaded archive to any location on the disk and run the “PasswordFox.exe” program. Immediately after that, it will display all the passwords saved in the browser. Double click on any entry in the table below to get detailed information about the saved login with the password.
The previous program – PasswordFox – does not provide the ability to view passwords saved in all browser profiles (at least there are no settings in it that would allow you to select a profile). And these profiles are created automatically for each individual computer user (TikTok account). The FF Password Explorer utility does not have this drawback. However, with its help, passwords cannot be viewed in a convenient tabular form, because this program is only capable of exporting them to a text file:
- Download the program from the GitHub repository. Any version is possible – Portable (does not require installation) or Installer (installation version).
- Launch the FF Pasword Explorer program, then in the upper part of its window select the profile from which the passwords will be extracted (the one with the “release” prefix is the profile of the current user).
- Navigate to the folder where the CSV file was saved. It can be opened in any text editor, including Notepad. Passwords will be given in the form of a table, in which each line contains the site address, username, and password from it (there is other data, but they are not interesting to us).
How to Change the TikTok Password without Knowing the Secret Question?
If you do not have access to the email from your account, then you do not have access to the answer to the secret question, without which you will not be able to change the password using standard methods. In such cases, you will need to perform the following actions:
- Go to the TikTok password reset page;
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields; when finished, press the Login button;
- In the new window, select the Change password item located opposite your personal information;
- In the window that appears, at the very top line, enter your old password. Then, in the two bottom lines, set a new password and press the Change password key.